POTENTIAL INVESTMENTS LIMITED trading as GratefulGoose.com, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07388728 whose registered address is at 1 The Square, Lightwater, Surrey, GU18 5SS, hereinafter referred to as ‘GratefulGoose’ or ‘We’ have created this privacy statement (‘Statement’) in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of the details that You provide to us when using the Site to access the GratefulGoose Services. In this Statement, references to ‘You’ and ‘Your’ are references to the GratefulGoose Member. When You use the Site to access the GratefulGoose Services, You are consenting to the practices set forth in this Statement. Unless otherwise indicated, all definitions used in the GratefulGoose Service Terms shall apply herein.
- YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE STATEMENT
This Statement governs Your use of the Site to access the GratefulGoose Services, including any dispute concerning privacy. By using the GratefulGoose Services, You accept this Statement in full. You should read the Statement carefully and ensure that You understand its effect before proceeding to use the Site to access the GratefulGoose Services.
We reserve the right to modify this Statement at any time without notice. Any changes We may make to this Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to You by e-mail or when You next use the Site to access the GratefulGoose Services, the new terms may be displayed on-screen and You may be required to read and accept them to continue. You agree that GratefulGoose will treat Your use of the Site to access the GratefulGoose Services as acceptance of this Statement including Your continued use subsequent to any changes.
- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED & HOW?
The Site asks You to provide Personal Data to enhance the quality of the GratefulGoose Services We can provide to You and the more accurate the information You provide, the better We are able to respond to Your requirements! As part of the process of using the Site to access the GratefulGoose Services, We may collect the following types of Personal Data about You (as applicable):
- Your first name, second name, email address and chosen password upon Sign-Up as a GratefulGoose Member on the Site;
- Your browsing data if You choose to download and install (or uninstall) our GratefulGoose Extension;
- Your email and notification preferences managed via Your GratefulGoose Member Account;
- Your visits to the Site, the GratefulGoose Content that You download and the Third Party Links that You place in Your GratefulGoose Wishlist;
- information about Your computer (including Your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Site navigation);
- any other information that You choose to send to us, including any request for further GratefulGoose Services, general correspondence, reports of a problem with the Site or the GratefulGoose Services.
- HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
- You hereby expressly consent to Your Personal Data being passed on to third party companies who act as our service providers (‘GratefulGoose Service Providers’) for the sole purpose of fulfilling the daily operations pertaining to the GratefulGoose Services only (including making improvements to the GratefulGoose Services) and not for the purposes of those third parties making marketing communications to You, unless You have expressly consented to this being undertaken by a third party such as our selected third parties. Although You are under no obligation to provide such Personal Data to us, if You choose not to, some of the GratefulGoose Services may not be available to You.
- You acknowledge that Your Personal Data may be used by GratefulGoose to contact a GratefulGoose Member by email when necessary in connection with Your use of the Site.
- From time to time, GratefulGoose may contact You by email by way of sending You newsletters, product promotions, requests for feedback and related information. You can opt out of receiving these marketing communications as described below.
- Selected third parties: If You consented to be contacted by email or other means by selected third parties, We may provide Your information to the third parties We select and these third parties may use this information for their marketing or advertising purposes. If Personal Data has been passed to third parties with Your consent, You may need to contact them separately if You change Your mind in relation to their use of Your Personal Data.
- Your Personal Data is used solely by GratefulGoose (and GratefulGoose Service Providers to the extent necessary to fulfil the GratefulGoose obligations to You) for the sole purpose of enabling GratefulGoose to act as a service provider to You and is not shared with any person or company without Your express consent.
- Any Personal Data that is held with GratefulGoose shall be retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and related Data Protection Legislation and/ or our retention and destruction policy culminating in its permanent deletion. We may collect and store Personal Data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
OPTING OUT: If You do not wish to be contacted by GratefulGoose in respect of future marketing communications, We will give You the opportunity to unsubscribe to the receipt of such communications in every communication that We send to You. You can also be selective about what You opt out of receiving by managing Your email preferences.
- WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We may use the services of GratefulGoose Service Providers to provide some of our business and operational functions so We may need to disclose Your information to them to provide You with the GratefulGoose Services.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data in Compliance with Laws
You should be aware that We may release Your Personal Data when We believe it is necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which You transact or communicate with or via GratefulGoose, or to protect the rights, property or safety of GratefulGoose, GratefulGoose Members or third parties.
- Transfer of Your Personal Data outside of the EEA
From time to time, We may transfer Your Personal Data to a related company, agent or contractor in order to improve our GratefulGoose Services or to assist our security, credit risk or fraud protection activities. Such companies may be located outside of the EEA and You consent to the transfer of Your Personal Data to such companies for the purposes set out here in accordance with this Statement and as permitted by the Data Protection Legislation from time to time.
- Transfer of Personal Data in the Event of the Sale of GratefulGoose.com or its Assets
In the event that GratefulGoose.com is sold or transfers some of its assets to another party, Your Personal Data could be one of the transferred assets. If Your Personal Data is transferred, its use will remain subject to this Statement. Your Personal Data will be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a liquidation or administration of GratefulGoose.
- Other Sites and their Privacy Policies and Cookie Policies
The Site may contain links to other websites. GratefulGoose is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies, cookie policies and practices of other third parties, so You should be careful to read and understand those website policies independently.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA & FOR HOW LONG?
- The privacy and protection of Your Personal Data is important to us. In addition, any GratefulGoose Member statistics that We may provide to prospective GratefulGoose Service Providers regarding Your usage of the GratefulGoose Services are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any individually identifiable data.
- You acknowledge that email messages sent over the internet are not encrypted and are not secure. Despite efforts to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data You transmit to us, via, to, or from our Site. You accept that GratefulGoose cannot be held liable for any breaches of confidentiality that may occur as a result of the use of email. If there is any sensitive or confidential Personal Data which You do not wish to communicate by email, please contact GratefulGoose by telephone or post to arrange an alternative method of communication. You transmit all such Personal Data at Your own risk.
- How long We keep Your Personal Data collected through our Site depends on the context in which You provide it and the purpose for which We use it. We will only retain it for as long as is necessary for such purposes. We may send You direct marketing communications for as long as You do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from GratefulGoose. In the event that You choose to close Your GratefulGoose Member Account, all Your Personal Data will be deleted from the Site.
- Telephone calls: If You call any of the service telephone numbers quoted, We may record Your call. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that We continuously monitor and improve our service standards.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
GratefulGoose tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using Personal Data. For this reason, We take any complaints We receive about this very seriously. We encourage You to bring it to our attention if You think that our collection or use of Personal Data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. This Statement does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of GratefulGoose’s collection and use of Personal Data. However, We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below. If You are not happy with the way in which Your Personal Data is being handled by GratefulGoose, You can complain to the Information Commissioner whose details can be found at: http://www.ico.org.uk/
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
GratefulGoose tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their Personal Data. Individuals can find out if We hold any Personal Data by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If We do hold Personal Data about You, We will let You have a copy of that Personal Data. To make a request to GratefulGoose for any Personal Data that We may hold, You need to put the request in writing addressing it to the address provided below. They may be an administrative charge applied in accordance with the applicable legislation.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Requests for information about our Statement or a ‘subject access request’ can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
POTENTIAL INVESTMENTS LIMITED (GratefulGoose.com)
(Internal Compliance Department)
1 The Square
- CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We keep our Statement under regular review. This Statement was last updated on 24 September 2014.